Tips for a Successful Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Congratulations on your upcoming grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony. Your ribbon cutting can be as big or small as you like. Ribbon cutting ceremonies for home-based businesses may be held at the Greater Hammond Chamber Office. As a service to our membership, we are happy to provide the following general information. We hope this is helpful in planning your event!
Click here to schedule your ribbon cutting today!
Event Details and Ideas to Consider:
• Media Releases
• Press Kits
• Chairs and parking
• Decorations, centerpieces
• Photography (Photos taken by the Chamber and submitted to the newspaper)
Sample Time Line:
• 1 month prior:
* Send invitations, draft ribbon cutting program (if necessary)
• 3-4 days prior:
* Send Media releases
• 2 days prior:
* Follow-up calls to media & invited guests
• 1 day prior:
* Survey location site, assemble media kits & programs
Greater Hammond Chamber staff will contact local government officials and e-mail all chamber members prior to the event. If you prefer to contact members by invitation, Greater Hammond Chamber mailing labels available to members for purchase. Your ribbon cutting picture will be sent to local newspapers and posted on our website.